Money and Payment
- Credit cards:
Some hostels or hotels accept credit cards, as well as some restaurants. But not all do, please consult!
in Pisco Elqui you find an ATM, near the plaza
in Vicuña (only Banco Estado) and in La Serena
- Medical post:
Montegrande, Pisco Elqui, Horcón, Alcohuaz (with a paramedic)
- Health center (with a doctor)
Vicuña, La Serena, Coquimbo
- Tel. Ambulance Paihunao: +56 512 451006
- Buses aprox. every 20 min La Serena - Pisco Elqui.
- Aprox. 3 times a day there are buses until Horcón.
- There is no public transport to Alcohuaz and Cochiguaz.
- The last bus leaves at 20.00 hrs from La Serena and from Pisco Elqui the last bus to La Serena also leaves at 20.00 hrs.
- There is no public transport at night.
- Rates: La Serena - Pisco Elqui aprox. CLP 3.000
- Some agencies offer private transfer. Some hotels also, please consult.
- The roads are asphalted until Alcohuaz and Cochiguaz.
- The last gas station is in Rivadavia (aprox. 20 kms from Vicuña and 25 kms from Pisco Elqui).
- A big supermarket is in Vicuña
- In Pisco Elqui you find a hardware store, bakery, mini-supermarkets and souvenir shops.
- In Pisco Elqui there is a small handicraft market, in Horcón is the "Handicraft Village" (Pueblo artesanal).
- All of the villages have shops to buy food.
- Police station and fire brigade in Pisco Elqui.
- Emergency phones:
Police Pisco Elqui: +56 512 651188
Police Paihuano: +56 512 651186
Fire Brigade Pisco Elqui: +56 9 6828 6267
Ambulance Paihuano: +56 512 451006
Medical Post Pisco Elqui: +56 512 451386